Saturday, April 12, 2008

Custom Poker Chips

We've been extremely busy making custom poker chips that last few weeks. We've been getting some really nice artwork from customers, and I've even designed a few that I think are worthy of becoming new stock "semi-custom" layouts. One of them is a 2007 WSOP replica with aligned edges. I've been using Adobe Illustrator for a little over a year now, and I'm finally getting to the point where I'm a little bit comfortable using it. I always used Coreldraw in the past, as that is the program that I learned first. For some reason, Coreldraw is the program of choice in the trophy industry. We always use it when doing nameplates for poker trophies and other awards.

If there are any of you who have designed poker chips artwork that could be used as semi-custom poker chips (where the text is editable for the customer), please let me know. We're always looking for new artwork to be able to offer, and we do pay commission to the artists for sales of the chips. The artwork can be very simple and straighforward, as long as it is done well. The main thing is that customers want something personalized, and being able to pick a design with their own wording is a key to providing the product that they are looking for!

No comments: